Configuring call back option in Unix for Dial up media. - Unix

This is a discussion on Configuring call back option in Unix for Dial up media. - Unix ; Hi all , I have a Client peer which makes use of Call back feature as mentioned in RFC 1570. In order to validate its behaviour, i am not able to find a RAS which supports LCP extensions for Call ...

  1. Configuring call back option in Unix for Dial up media.

    Hi all ,

    I have a Client peer which makes use of Call back feature as mentioned
    in RFC 1570.
    In order to validate its behaviour, i am not able to find a RAS which
    supports LCP extensions for Call back support.
    The one which is provided in MS os supports CBCP protocol which no way
    usefull .

    So , i want to knw if unix can help me to configure a RAS with LCP
    extensions support , and i can connect to it that machine over a dial
    up.

    Thanks
    Kyran

  2. Re: Configuring call back option in Unix for Dial up media.

    Begin <1176804404.840839.173110@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups. com>
    On 2007-04-17, kiran wali wrote:
    > So , i want to knw if unix can help me to configure a RAS with LCP
    > extensions support , and i can connect to it that machine over a dial
    > up.

    There are ppp implementations for unix that support calling back
    clients. For example, FreeBSD comes with a ppp implementation
    (`user-ppp') that can do that, altough I must admit not having tried
    it myself. There are probably others.