How to install the software in HP UX - Unix

This is a discussion on How to install the software in HP UX - Unix ; I have the virus scan software in tar file. I have extracted the file and try to install through swinstall command in HP UX server. but it looks /var/spool/sw directory and it says no software can anyone help on this? ...

  1. How to install the software in HP UX

    I have the virus scan software in tar file. I have extracted the file
    and try to install through swinstall command in HP UX server. but it
    looks /var/spool/sw directory and it says no software

    can anyone help on this?
    Thanks

  2. Re: How to install the software in HP UX

    vadisubash@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have the virus scan software in tar file. I have extracted the file
    > and try to install through swinstall command in HP UX server. but it
    > looks /var/spool/sw directory and it says no software

    Exactly what is "the file" you have extracted from a tar file?
    Swinstall expects to be pointed at a "depot" file, not say a
    run-of-the-mill binary file.

    Ostensibly, if the makers of the virus scan software "support" HP-UX
    the would include installation instructions...

    rick jones

  3. Re: How to install the software in HP UX

    On Apr 4, 4:59 pm, Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 4 Apr 2007 13:29:39 -0700, vadisub...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > I have the virus scan software in tar file. I have extracted the file
    > > and try to install through swinstall command in HP UX server. but it
    > > looks /var/spool/sw directory and it says no software

    > > can anyone help on this?
    > > Thanks

    > Which virus scan software? Have you looked for a README or Makefile?
    >
    > --
    > over in west Philadelphia a puppy is vomiting ...

    The Antivirus Name is Mcafee and the file name is vhpx510l.tar. It is
    for HP UX version asper the README file.

+ Reply to Thread