server ftp to preserve upload filedate? (MDTM) - Unix

This is a discussion on server ftp to preserve upload filedate? (MDTM) - Unix ; Hi Someone can tell me a ftp-server in unix/linux that support the MDTM to preserve date in uploaded file? My proftpd always set the date of the local-ftp-server, not that of the original client. If i try a MDTM command ...

  1. server ftp to preserve upload filedate? (MDTM)

    Hi
    Someone can tell me a ftp-server in unix/linux that support the MDTM
    to preserve date in uploaded file?
    My proftpd always set the date of the local-ftp-server, not that of
    the original client.
    If i try a MDTM command i see that is just to ask the date of the
    file, not to set; i read on internet that there is a new support that
    set also it (MDTM timestamp filename), but i can't find a server that
    support it in unix.

    Any help will be appreciate.

    Thanks

  2. Re: server ftp to preserve upload filedate? (MDTM)

    On 3 Apr, 01:59, Bill Marcum wrote:
    > You can archive files with zip or tar to preserve date stamps.

    This don't solve my problem: i'm synchronizing files between clients
    to server, i can't change all the procedure.

+ Reply to Thread