Location of the logon message script - Unix

This is a discussion on Location of the logon message script - Unix ; Hello, Once I login to the UNIX server I am getting this logon Message. I want to modify this message. Please let me know where this script will be available. login as: root Use of this Network is restricted to ...

  1. Location of the logon message script

    Hello,

    Once I login to the UNIX server I am getting this logon Message. I
    want to modify this message. Please let me know where this script will
    be available.

    login as: root

    Use of this Network is restricted to authorized users.
    User activity is monitored and recorded by system personnel.
    Anyone using the Network expressly consents to such monitoring and
    recording.

    BE ADVISED: if possible criminal activity is detected,
    system records, along with certain personal information,
    may be provided to law enforcement officials.

    Regards
    Vadi

  2. Re: Location of the logon message script

    * vadisubash@gmail.com [2007.03.30 15:00]:
    > Once I login to the UNIX server I am getting this logon
    > Message. I want to modify this message. Please let me know
    > where this script will be available.

    /etc/motd

    --
    JR

  3. Re: Location of the logon message script

    On Mar 30, 10:34 am, Jean-Rene David wrote:
    > * vadisub...@gmail.com [2007.03.30 15:00]:
    >
    > > Once I login to the UNIX server I am getting this logon
    > > Message. I want to modify this message. Please let me know
    > > where this script will be available.

    > /etc/motd
    >
    > --
    > JR

    Yes, I found that file. Thanks.
    In a new server if I create this file in /etc, where do I link this
    file to display while login.
    Also I am not able to modify this file. ....Pls help me.

  4. Re: Location of the logon message script

    vadisubash@gmail.com wrote:

    /etc/motd

    Cheers,
    Gary B-)

    whether you were up them with or not
    - Barry Humphries

  5. Re: Location of the logon message script

    On Mar 31, 1:00 am, vadisub...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Once I login to the UNIX server I am getting this logon Message. I
    > want to modify this message. Please let me know where this script will
    > be available.
    >
    > login as: root
    >
    > Use of this Network is restricted to authorized users.
    > User activity is monitored and recorded by system personnel.
    > Anyone using the Network expressly consents to such monitoring and
    > recording.
    >
    > BE ADVISED: if possible criminal activity is detected,
    > system records, along with certain personal information,
    > may be provided to law enforcement officials.
    >
    > Regards
    > Vadi

    login as root
    pico /etc/motd or vi -- whatever us your fav editor.
    edit the file with the msg you want, save and exit. restart shh and
    your done!.

    zaher el siddik

+ Reply to Thread