extratct ID from a file - Unix

This is a discussion on extratct ID from a file - Unix ; I have a file that looks like this: t12345,t252526,t27272,t484848, I am trying to extract the ID and write them to a file. Can anyone help. Thanks...

  1. extratct ID from a file

    I have a file that looks like this:
    t12345,t252526,t27272,t484848,

    I am trying to extract the ID and write them to a file.
    Can anyone help.
    Thanks

  2. Re: extratct ID from a file

    On Mar 29, 1:59 pm, Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 29 Mar 2007 10:38:59 -0700, rog...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > I have a file that looks like this:
    > > t12345,t252526,t27272,t484848,

    > > I am trying to extract the ID and write them to a file.
    > > Can anyone help.
    > > Thanks

    > What exactly do you mean? Do you want the output to look like this?
    > t12345
    > t252526
    > t27272
    > t484848
    >
    > If so, you could use
    > tr ',' '\n' newfile
    >
    > --
    > The new Congressmen say they're going to turn the government around. I
    > hope I don't get run over again.

    Excellent thats exactly what I wanted.

+ Reply to Thread