update or sync the time on solaris 8? - Unix

This is a discussion on update or sync the time on solaris 8? - Unix ; Hi, I am looking for a way to update or sync the time on our solaris 8 server which is more than 1 minute ahead, this is creating some problem for us in installing some packages on that server. Thanks,...

  1. update or sync the time on solaris 8?

    Hi,

    I am looking for a way to update or sync the time on our solaris 8
    server which is more than 1 minute ahead, this is creating some problem
    for us in installing some packages on that server.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: update or sync the time on solaris 8?

    Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 8 Nov 2006 13:56:44 -0800, senthilS
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a way to update or sync the time on our solaris 8
    >> server which is more than 1 minute ahead, this is creating some problem
    >> for us in installing some packages on that server.
    >>

    > man ntpdate
    > apropos ntp

    Alternative to ntpdate:

    man rdate