How to return 1 when sql load fails? - Unix

This is a discussion on How to return 1 when sql load fails? - Unix ; My job returns 0 even if the sql load fails. How to return 1 when sql load fails? Error: SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 3. Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters ### ###...

  1. How to return 1 when sql load fails?

    My job returns 0 even if the sql load fails.
    How to return 1 when sql load fails?

    Error:
    SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 3.
    Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
    ###
    ###

  2. Re: How to return 1 when sql load fails?

    On 24 Oct 2006 12:56:52 -0700, nicetom786@yahoo.com wrote:

    >My job returns 0 even if the sql load fails.
    >How to return 1 when sql load fails?
    >
    >Error:
    >SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 3.
    >Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
    >###
    >###

    This is not a problem specific to the sql loader. Assuming your 'job'
    is a C-shell script, you can:

    * either begin it with "#!/bin/csh -e" and it should exit immediately
    after any command returns non-zero status (and be careful, some are
    tricky, see man diff).

    * or test variable $status *immediately* after your sqlload returns,
    and take special action when "if ( $status)" is satisfied.

    Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread