Minor Number and major Number in Unix - Unix

This is a discussion on Minor Number and major Number in Unix - Unix ; Hi This is vimal kant . i have one query. What is majaor number and minor number in Unix . where we can use these number or what is the use of these numbers...

  1. Minor Number and major Number in Unix

    Hi
    This is vimal kant . i have one query. What is majaor number and minor
    number in Unix . where we can use these number or what is the use of
    these numbers

  2. Re: Minor Number and major Number in Unix

    vimal wrote:
    > Hi
    > This is vimal kant . i have one query. What is majaor number and minor
    > number in Unix . where we can use these number or what is the use of
    > these numbers

    See: http://www.linux-tutorial.info/modul...rial&pageid=94

+ Reply to Thread