using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line - Unix

This is a discussion on using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line - Unix ; I am wondering the format to have wget extract the urls of a search and place each of the results on a new line in a txt file...

  1. using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line

    I am wondering the format to have wget extract the urls of a search and
    place each of the results on a new line in a txt file

  2. Re: using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line

    On comp.unix.questions, in , "Nospam" wrote:

    ????

    > Subject: Re: using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line

    That's an easy one. But you are obviously a troll. Either you
    post 92 times a day (under just _this_ alias) or you are using an
    alias that someone claimed before you.

    (this can be checked at:

    by plugging an alias into the Author box and seeing if it
    returns any hits or not, and you are obviously experienced
    enough on the Usenet to know that)

    I don't help trolls. I don't even download their articles.

    Do you like the report below? It was produced by a bash script
    calling wget.

    If you weren't a troll, I'd give you the script.

    Because you are, I have taken it off my website for a while.
    You'll forget about it. Trolls don't have very long attention
    spans.

    Nospam
    Results 1 - 100 of 33,500 posts in the last year
    1 alt.autos.audi
    1 alt.autos.toyota.prius
    1 alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
    1 alt.gossip.celebrities
    1 alt.impeach.bush
    1 alt.nl.ftp
    1 alt.nl.ftp.verzoek
    1 alt.support.stop-smoking
    1 alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
    1 alt.video.dvd.tech
    1 alt.video.laserdisc
    1 alt.www.webmaster
    1 aus.photo
    2 aus.sport.aussie-rules
    4 aus.tv
    1 comp.cad.cadence
    1 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
    1 comp.mail.pine
    1 comp.windows.x.kde
    1 coworking
    1 finet.harrastus.vertaisverkot
    2 fr.comp.materiel.optimisation
    1 fr.misc.finance.banque
    1 fr.soc.travail.independant
    1 hr.test
    1 it.arti.poesia
    1 it.discussioni.ufo
    3 it.hobby.fai-da-te
    6 it.lavoro.informatica
    1 it.tlc.telefonia.adsl
    1 italia.palermo.discussioni
    1 lada.talk
    1 microsoft.public.access
    2 microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages
    1 microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb
    1 microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
    1 microsoft.public.exchange.admin
    1 microsoft.public.fr.exchange.admin
    1 microsoft.public.uk.autoroute
    2 microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    1 microsoft.public.windows.developer.winfx.avalon
    1 microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory
    1 microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
    1 microsoft.public.windowsme.general
    1 microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    1 microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    1 news.admin.net-abuse.sightings
    1 nl.foto
    1 novell.support.zenworks.desktop-management.6x.imaging
    1 ott.forsale.computing
    1 pl.rec.muzyka.bin
    2 pl.rec.radio.cb
    1 rec.arts.movies.production.sound
    1 rec.aviation.soaring
    9 rec.outdoors.rv-travel
    1 rec.sport.cricket
    1 rec.travel.air
    1 rec.video.dvd.tech
    1 relcom.wheels
    3 sci.archaeology
    2 sci.econ
    1 sfnet.atk.laitteet.pc
    1 sfnet.harrastus.koneet+laitteet
    4 sfnet.keskustelu.rakentaminen
    1 sfnet.tietoliikenne
    1 soc.culture.indian
    1 triangle.forsale
    1 uk.people.support.depression
    1 uk.politics.drugs
    1 uk.sport.golf
    1 uk.telecom.mobile

    Any dim child with their mommy's computer and their daddy's
    credit card can post anything on the Usenet under various
    aliases and through different newsservers.

    In order to have any credibility at all, you have to post
    under a single, unique alias.

    Act like a troll, get treated like one, and find yourself
    limited to the Uselessnet, where trolls spend their lives
    slinging insults at each other that no one reads but other
    trolls.

    Alan

    --
    http://home.earthlink.net/~alanconnor/contact.html
    Other URLs of possible interest in my headers.

  3. Re: using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line

    On 2006-03-16, Nospam wrote:
    > I am wondering the format to have wget extract the urls of a search and
    > place each of the results on a new line in a txt file

    You retrieve files (via http or ftp) with wget, you use other tools
    toextract information from them.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  4. OT TROLL Re: using wget to extract a search query with the url results on a new line

    On comp.unix.questions, in , "Chris F.A. Johnson" wrote:

    Wanna bet that chubby boy CFAJ has included some bitchy
    insult about me?

    We butted heads a long time ago, this fool thinking that I had to
    kiss his ass because he knows more about shell programming than I
    do.

    But I didn't, and the big (and I mean _big_) baby has never
    gotten over it.

    But I sure have learned a lot about shell programming from him,
    and owe him thanks for that.

    If he wants to join the dozens of idiot trolls that get their
    jollies posting insults to and about me that I never read, then
    he can do so.

    Did I tell you, Chris, that someone scanned your book and emailed
    it to me?

    Great book. Thanks.

    Chris will help you, Troll. He'd help Hitler with a shell script
    to more effectively gas Jews.

    Like so many scientists, he has no morals at all.

    Alan