crontab and html... - Unix

This is a discussion on crontab and html... - Unix ; I have a scheduled cron job to run every night to test my application and email me the results as a plain text file. I would like enhance this functionality to include HTML link references inside the logfile (that is ...

  1. crontab and html...

    I have a scheduled cron job to run every night to test my application
    and email me the results as a plain text file.

    I would like enhance this functionality to include HTML link references
    inside the logfile (that is generated and sent by cron).

    For example:
    Currently, my logfile (generated by cron) looks like:

    Tests run: 100
    Passed : 90
    Failed : 10
    Logs located at: ftp://xyz/results/

    ----------------end of logfile------------------------------

    Question
    =======
    I would like the lastline to be in hypertext, so that just by clicking
    on it, the user is taken to the appropriate link (instead of cut-paste)
    from the received email.

    Can someone please let me know how to go about doing this.

    Thanks a lot for all help,

    Regards,
    Vishal.

  2. Re: crontab and html...

    vishal.study@gmail.com said the following, on 11/23/05 21:03:
    > I have a scheduled cron job to run every night to test my application
    > and email me the results as a plain text file.
    >

    > I would like enhance this functionality to include HTML link references
    > inside the logfile (that is generated and sent by cron).
    >

    > For example:
    > Currently, my logfile (generated by cron) looks like:
    > ================================================== ===
    >

    > Tests run: 100
    > Passed : 90
    > Failed : 10
    > Logs located at: ftp://xyz/results/
    >

    > ----------------end of logfile------------------------------
    >

    > Question
    > =======
    > I would like the lastline to be in hypertext, so that just by clicking
    > on it, the user is taken to the appropriate link (instead of cut-paste)
    > from the received email.

    Ed Morton has already posted an answer for you over in comp.unix.shell.

    In the future, if you think it is appropriate to post a question in more
    than one group, PLEASE do not post to each group separately. Please do
    cross-post: put all the groups in the 'Newsgroup:' header, separating
    the group names by commas. Doing this saves bandwidth, and means that
    people don't have to see the same article multiple times.

    --
    Rich Gibbs
    richg74@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread