Network problems - Unix

This is a discussion on Network problems - Unix ; Hi i am fairly new to unix and i am getting and error during startup. My ncr unix machine does not connect to the network and /usr/sbin/slink gives an error saying that "error opening libresolv.so". My unix machine is not ...

  1. Network problems

    Hi i am fairly new to unix and i am getting and error during startup.

    My ncr unix machine does not connect to the network and /usr/sbin/slink
    gives an error saying that "error opening libresolv.so".

    My unix machine is not visible on the lan even if i try to ping it.

    thanks

  2. Re: Network problems

    prabhu.pravin@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi i am fairly new to unix and i am getting and error during startup.
    >
    >My ncr unix machine does not connect to the network and /usr/sbin/slink
    >gives an error saying that "error opening libresolv.so".
    >
    >My unix machine is not visible on the lan even if i try to ping it.
    >
    >thanks

    The libresolv.so file might be present in /usr/lib directory.
    So you can set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH with this directory.

    --
    Thobias Vakayil
    Alcatel Development India (ADI)

  3. Re: Network problems

    i tried by setting the path and still i get the same error. is there a
    possiblity that my libresolv.so file is corrupted? or does it require
    specific permissions?

    thanks and regards,

    Pravin

  4. Re: Network problems

    prabhu.pravin@gmail.com wrote:

    >i tried by setting the path and still i get the same error. is there a
    >possiblity that my libresolv.so file is corrupted? or does it require
    >specific permissions?
    >
    >thanks and regards,
    >
    >Pravin

    Check whether the libresolv.so.so file is present in /usr/lib directory.
    What about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
    $export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib

    After setting the library path run it once again.
    If the error is showing like this

    "error opening libresolv.so"
    then this library might be corrupted.

    --

    Thobias Vakayil
    Alcatel Development India (ADI)
    PH: 2349961/72/86 EXTN :7018

  5. Re: Network problems

    On 2005-11-15, prabhu.pravin@gmail.com wrote:
    > i tried

    Tried what? Please read .

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

+ Reply to Thread