Full Process name is not appearing at console - Unix

This is a discussion on Full Process name is not appearing at console - Unix ; Hi, I have executed following command in one of our unix environments..at console output part of the procees name is missing ..Could you please help me how to get full process name. Command Executed "ps -ef -o pid -o args" ...

  1. Full Process name is not appearing at console

    Hi,

    I have executed following command in one of our unix environments..at
    console output part of the procees name is missing ..Could you please
    help me how to get full process name.

    Command Executed "ps -ef -o pid -o args"

    Expected Output

    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_PROCESS1
    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_PROCESS2
    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_PROCESS3

    Actual Output

    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_
    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_
    /opt/bin/stceway.exe -rh grmuxtst2eai -rs GCC06E -ln GCC02_

    Thanks,
    Badri

  2. Re: Full Process name is not appearing at console

    On my linux box ps -ewo pid,args wraps the output to the nextline if it
    does not fit.

  3. Re: Full Process name is not appearing at console

    I dont have ps -w option on my machine..Could any one help me out?

    Usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPy ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
    [ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
    [ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ]

  4. Re: Full Process name is not appearing at console

    On 2005-11-09, kr.badrinath@gmail.com wrote:
    > I dont have ps -w option on my machine..Could any one help me out?
    >
    > Usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPy ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
    > [ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
    > [ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ]

    Pass it a ridiculously long COLUMNS in the environment

    COLUMNS=999 ps -ef -o pid -o args

+ Reply to Thread