pyseekd messages galore! - Unix

This is a discussion on pyseekd messages galore! - Unix ; Howdy, I'm getting this message over and over in /var/adm/messages relating to Ultraseek. Can someone point me in the right direction? pyseekd[25700]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] Warning: removed illegal value from query string, key="qc", value="0" Thanks in advance. -J...

  1. pyseekd messages galore!

    Howdy, I'm getting this message over and over in /var/adm/messages
    relating to Ultraseek. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    pyseekd[25700]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] Warning: removed illegal
    value from query string, key="qc", value="0"

    Thanks in advance.

    -J

  2. Re: pyseekd messages galore!

    Ultraseek questions can be posted at http://www.ultraseek.com

    In this case, it's a notice from the search engine that unsupported
    query parameters were received in an HTTP request. In this case,
    perhaps due to a bad link or search form -- but could also be due to a
    bot sending random requests.

    Dave

    jtannerunix@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Howdy, I'm getting this message over and over in /var/adm/messages
    > relating to Ultraseek. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    >
    > pyseekd[25700]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] Warning: removed illegal
    > value from query string, key="qc", value="0"
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > -J

  3. Re: pyseekd messages galore!

    Thanks for the pointer! Hopefully it's not a bot sending random
    requests.

    -J

+ Reply to Thread