Execution Scipt on Different machine - Unix

This is a discussion on Execution Scipt on Different machine - Unix ; I have strange scenario could you please give suggestion to me? Scenario ======= I have script called try.sh on development server and I wanted to run that script on the production server with out placing that file on the prod ...

  1. Execution Scipt on Different machine

    =======

    I have script called try.sh on development server and I wanted to run
    that script on the production server with out placing that file on the
    prod server.

    ie . I have to trigger the script from DEV server which inturn should
    trigger it on PROD server.
    Only constraint is I should not place the script on PROD server.

    FYI - I have login credentials of PROD and DEV .

    Please let me know how can I execute the script.

    Thanks,
    Badri

  2. Re: Execution Scipt on Different machine

    On 2005-11-05, kr.badrinath@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have strange scenario could you please give suggestion to me?
    >
    > Scenario
    > =======
    >
    > I have script called try.sh on development server and I wanted to run
    > that script on the production server with out placing that file on the
    > prod server.
    >
    > ie . I have to trigger the script from DEV server which inturn should
    > trigger it on PROD server.
    > Only constraint is I should not place the script on PROD server.
    >
    > FYI - I have login credentials of PROD and DEV .

    cat /path/to/try.sh | ssh user@remote.host

    If both are remote:

    wget -O - DEV:/path/to/try.sh | ssh user@remote.host

    If you want just running it on DEV to also run it on PROD, then
    you'll have to put the code into the script and check which host
    it is running on.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson | Author:
    | Shell Scripting Recipes:
    Any code in this post is released | A Problem-Solution Approach,
    under the GNU General Public Licence | 2005, Apress

  3. Re: Execution Scipt on Different machine

    rsh -l -L

    You have to put an entry like this in .netrc file :
    machine user password

    Regards,
    Thobias

    --