can I send a pdf file straight to a printer? - Unix

This is a discussion on can I send a pdf file straight to a printer? - Unix ; This is a stupid question, I'm sure, but can I send a PDF file straight to the printer, from the command line, or a shell script? The printer in question understands PDF as a native language. My server is running ...

  1. can I send a pdf file straight to a printer?

    This is a stupid question, I'm sure, but can I send a PDF file straight
    to the printer, from the command line, or a shell script? The printer
    in question understands PDF as a native language.

    My server is running HP Unix and the printer is an HP Laserjet.
    Ideally, I'd love to find a way to just send the file to the printer,
    without having to first open it in some application.

  2. Re: can I send a pdf file straight to a printer?

    lkrubner@geocities.com wrote:
    > This is a stupid question, I'm sure, but can I send a PDF file straight
    > to the printer, from the command line, or a shell script? The printer
    > in question understands PDF as a native language.
    >
    > My server is running HP Unix and the printer is an HP Laserjet.
    > Ideally, I'd love to find a way to just send the file to the printer,
    > without having to first open it in some application.

    lp -d printqueuename file.pdf

    --
    Michael Tosch @ hp : com

+ Reply to Thread