Q) Sending remote signals - Unix

This is a discussion on Q) Sending remote signals - Unix ; I want to send signals to processes running on remote systems from my application. Can someone kindly suggest what my options are (if any). Assume that somehow I know the PIDs on the remote system. Thanks, Gus...

  1. Q) Sending remote signals

    I want to send signals to processes running on remote systems from my
    application. Can someone kindly suggest what my options are (if any).
    Assume that somehow I know the PIDs on the remote system.

    Thanks,
    Gus

  2. Re: Q) Sending remote signals

    Generic Usenet Account wrote:
    > I want to send signals to processes running on remote systems from my
    > application. Can someone kindly suggest what my options are (if any).
    > Assume that somehow I know the PIDs on the remote system.

    A remote Unix?

    Then you might be able to login with ssh and start a process to
    send a signal there. Otherwise you're limited to sockets and
    out-of-band data. A local server there might listen for you
    request and send signals to the local processes.

    --
    XML is a prime example of retarded innovation.
    -- Erik Meijer and Peter Drayton, Microsoft Corporation

  3. Re: Q) Sending remote signals

    Generic Usenet Account wrote:

    > I want to send signals to processes running on remote systems from my
    > application. Can someone kindly suggest what my options are (if any).
    > Assume that somehow I know the PIDs on the remote system.

    If you are talking about a standard system signal via the kill
    command/system call then you can do it by executing a remote shell
    call. The standard rsh or ssh mechanisms can be used if configured on
    the box you want to remotely access. See your sys-admin.

    Otherwise please provide more info.

    -- ced

    --
    Chuck Dillon