ls and milliseconds - Unix

This is a discussion on ls and milliseconds - Unix ; How do I see on what milliseconds a files was created or modified in a shell script? - ls just gives me seconds - find -as -1 can sort for whole sconds only. - touch -t 200411042000 dummyfile find /path ...

  1. ls and milliseconds

    How do I see on what milliseconds a files was created or modified in a
    shell script?

    - ls just gives me seconds

    - find -as -1 can sort for whole sconds only.

    - touch -t 200411042000 dummyfile
    find /path -newer dummyfile -print
    gives me files after a certain second.

    any other ideas how to achieve this?

    Lars

  2. Re: ls and milliseconds

    schouwla@yahoo.com wrote:
    > How do I see on what milliseconds a files was created or modified in a
    > shell script?

    I believe standard file systems only track times in second resolution
    so I think you're SOL. Man stat shows the time fields are of type
    time_t which provides time in seconds.

    -- ced

    --
    Chuck Dillon