looking for exams for Operating Systems. - Unix

This is a discussion on looking for exams for Operating Systems. - Unix ; Hello, I am looking for free exams for Operating Systems. (Good for learning books : Modern Operating Systems, by Tanenbaum - ISBN : 0-13-092641-8. and also : Advanced Programming in the UNIX Envrionment, 2nd Edition. By : W. Richard Stevens ...

  1. looking for exams for Operating Systems.

    Hello,

    I am looking for free exams for Operating Systems.
    (Good for learning books :
    Modern Operating Systems, by Tanenbaum - ISBN : 0-13-092641-8.
    and also :
    Advanced Programming in the UNIX Envrionment, 2nd Edition.
    By :
    W. Richard Stevens
    Stephen A. Rago.

    ISBN 0-201-43307-9).

    Or something like : many question and choices as the answer (and what is the
    correct answer ?)

    Thanks

  2. Re: looking for exams for Operating Systems.

    On Jun 5, 6:25 am, "Mr. X." wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for free exams for Operating Systems.
    > (Good for learning books :
    > Modern Operating Systems, by Tanenbaum - ISBN : 0-13-092641-8.
    > and also :
    > Advanced Programming in the UNIX Envrionment, 2nd Edition.
    > By :
    > W. Richard Stevens
    > Stephen A. Rago.
    >
    > ISBN 0-201-43307-9).
    >
    > Or something like : many question and choices as the answer (and what is the
    > correct answer ?)

    Why you need exams?
    A good way is reading an OS and try to write a simple one, this can
    learn more than an exam.
    Have you read the MINIX book?

    --
    I want to do language-exchange, I am seeking an English native speaker
    to talk with me about Linux, freedom software, UNIX programming etc.

  3. Re: looking for exams for Operating Systems.

    > Why you need exams?
    Our exams are simmiliar to the Oracle OCPs (in concept),
    most teoretical,
    So no metter how good I write my code, and even little OS,
    (which I have wrote some, isn't enough)

    When I had done my OCPs' - I have that known that the best way to learn to
    that kind of exam, is to solve as many exams as I could
    (and hence learning good enough about OCPs', because I learn much more the
    exam - that's American Exams).
    I know that there is somewhere arround the internet exams of OS,
    but it's not simple to find it.
    Please, help ...

    Thanks

  4. Re: looking for exams for Operating Systems.

    .... some of what I find is a link to :
    http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~gaeng/CS42...lutionsManual/
    Well, I need much more examples (with answers).

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread