Interested in Unix - Unix

This is a discussion on Interested in Unix - Unix ; Hi, I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone kindly guide me how to start....

  1. Interested in Unix

    Hi,

    I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    kindly guide me how to start.

  2. Re: Interested in Unix

    On Jun 4, 12:05 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    > kindly guide me how to start.

    Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.

  3. Re: Interested in Unix

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 09:05:07 -0700 Jack_of_Heartz wrote:

    | I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    | kindly guide me how to start.

    Why not programming instead? Since you came to a programming group, if
    you were to choose a programming career path instead, you could save
    yourself the pain and anguish of having to find a system administration
    group and repost there.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2007-06-03-1200@ipal.net |

  4. Re: Interested in Unix

    Bin Chen wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 12:05 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    >> kindly guide me how to start.

    > Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.

    Or even one of the many free Unix variants.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  5. Re: Interested in Unix

    "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    > Bin Chen wrote:
    >> On Jun 4, 12:05 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    >>> kindly guide me how to start.

    >> Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.
    >>

    > Or even one of the many free Unix variants.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    I have to confess ignorance here. To which free Unix variants are
    you referring?

  6. Re: Interested in Unix

    On 4 Jun, 04:03, Ian Collins wrote:
    > Bin Chen wrote:
    > > On Jun 4, 12:05 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I am interested in persuaing a creer in unix administration. Someone
    > >> kindly guide me how to start.

    > > Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.

    > Or even one of the many free Unix variants.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    Hi Bin,

    Thanks a lot for your input.

    Do I start with installing Red Hat?

    Can you also advise me few good books on Unix.

  7. Re: Interested in Unix

    Barry wrote:
    > "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    >> Bin Chen wrote:

    >>> Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.
    >>>

    >> Or even one of the many free Unix variants.
    >>

    > I have to confess ignorance here. To which free Unix variants are
    > you referring?

    Solaris or one of the BSDs.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  8. Re: Interested in Unix

    On Jun 5, 1:27 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    > On 4 Jun, 04:03, Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    > > Bin Chen wrote:

    > > > Maybe you can start from Linux, it's free to install.

    > > Or even one of the many free Unix variants.

    > > --
    > > Ian Collins.

    > Hi Bin,
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your input.
    >
    > Do I start with installing Red Hat?
    >
    > Can you also advise me few good books on Unix.

    If you start to think Linux, don't use the hell Red Hat, use Ubuntu or
    Debian instead.

    --
    I want to do language-exchange, I am seeking an English native speaker
    to talk with me about Linux, freedom software, UNIX programming etc.

  9. Re: Interested in Unix

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:18:13 -0000 Bin Chen wrote:
    | On Jun 5, 1:27 am, Jack_of_Heartz wrote:
    |> Do I start with installing Red Hat?
    |>
    |> Can you also advise me few good books on Unix.
    |
    | If you start to think Linux, don't use the hell Red Hat, use Ubuntu or
    | Debian instead.

    Or learn to swim by jumping into the deep end ... go with Gentoo.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2007-06-04-2013@ipal.net |