how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3 - Unix

This is a discussion on how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3 - Unix ; I am new to Linux and Bluetooth how to install BlueZ ? If I include there headers it should work #include #include #include How to install in Fedora core 3 Can any one send me procedure and commands to my ...

  1. how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    I am new to Linux and Bluetooth

    how to install BlueZ ?
    If I include there headers it should work
    #include
    #include
    #include

    How to install in Fedora core 3
    Can any one send me procedure and commands to my Bluetooth program to
    work.

    I am referring Bluetooth codes from this pdf 3 chapter
    http://people.csail.mit.edu/rudolph/...les/BTBook.pdf

  2. Re: how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    On 5月11日, 下午11时35分, swathi wrote:
    > I am new to Linux and Bluetooth
    >
    > how to install BlueZ ?
    > If I include there headers it should work
    > #include
    > #include
    > #include
    >
    > How to install in Fedora core 3
    > Can any one send me procedure and commands to my Bluetooth program to
    > work.
    >
    > I am referring Bluetooth codes from this pdf 3 chapterhttp://people.csail.mit.edu/rudolph/Teaching/Articles/BTBook.pdf

    I'd suggest you install debian and do a simple command:

    sudo apt-get install bluez.

  3. Re: how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    > I'd suggest you install debian and do a simple command:
    >
    > sudo apt-get install bluez.

    thank you sir for fast reply
    i don't know how to install debian
    i am using O.S
    Fedora core 3 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
    Fedora core 3 2.6.9-1.667
    so can u please say using other commands

    I tried in this way but did not succeed

    yum search bluez
    yum -y install bluez-bluefw bluez-sdp bluez-hcidump bluez-pin bluez-
    utils bluez-pan
    by refering to this link
    http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=Using_...misson_20Robot

    after installation
    /etc/bluetooth
    hcid.conf pin rfcomm.conf

    and then i downloaded
    bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm
    used this command
    rpm -Uvh bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm

    so what i have to do to make Bluetooth code to work in Fedora core 3

    Please help me sir

  4. Re: how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    On May 15, 12:55 pm, swathi wrote:
    > > I'd suggest you install debian and do a simple command:

    > > sudo apt-get install bluez.

    > thank you sir for fast reply
    > i don't know how to install debian
    > i am using O.S
    > Fedora core 3 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
    > Fedora core 3 2.6.9-1.667
    > so can u please say using other commands
    >
    > I tried in this way but did not succeed
    >
    > yum search bluez
    > yum -y install bluez-bluefw bluez-sdp bluez-hcidump bluez-pin bluez-
    > utils bluez-pan
    > by refering to this linkhttp://pyrorobotics.org/?page=Using_20the_20Hemisson_20Robot
    >
    > after installation
    > /etc/bluetooth
    > hcid.conf pin rfcomm.conf
    >
    > and then i downloaded
    > bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm
    > used this command
    > rpm -Uvh bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm
    >
    > so what i have to do to make Bluetooth code to work in Fedora core 3
    >
    > Please help me sir

    Have you hciconfig/hcidump/hciattach command all already can run?

    Long time ago I am a bluetooth developer, but I can't remember the
    exact details.
    You can ask your question to the bluez mail list or
    alt.internet.wireless.

  5. Re: how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    On May 15, 9:55 am, swathi wrote:
    > > I'd suggest you install debian and do a simple command:

    > > sudo apt-get install bluez.

    > thank you sir for fast reply
    > i don't know how to install debian
    > i am using O.S
    > Fedora core 3 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
    > Fedora core 3 2.6.9-1.667
    > so can u please say using other commands
    >
    > I tried in this way but did not succeed
    >
    > yum search bluez
    > yum -y install bluez-bluefw bluez-sdp bluez-hcidump bluez-pin bluez-
    > utils bluez-pan
    > by refering to this linkhttp://pyrorobotics.org/?page=Using_20the_20Hemisson_20Robot
    >
    > after installation
    > /etc/bluetooth
    > hcid.conf pin rfcomm.conf
    >
    > and then i downloaded
    > bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm
    > used this command
    > rpm -Uvh bluez-libs-2.10-2.src(2).rpm
    >
    > so what i have to do to make Bluetooth code to work in Fedora core 3
    >
    > Please help me sir

    can any one help me please I was struck up with this

  6. Re: how to install BlueZ in fedora core 3

    You could not use severly outdated operating systems -- Fedora Core 3 is so old that it's ancient. Fedora 11 or the soon to be released Fedora 12 has bluez installed by default, but as far as I can tell, what you need is bluez-devel.

    You can get a list of all packages related to bluez using the command

    yum list bluez*

    which, on my installation of Fedora 11 give me the output:
    Indl鎠te udvidelsesmoduler: refresh-packagekit
    Installerede pakker
    bluez.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 @updates
    bluez-cups.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 @updates
    bluez-libs.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 @updates
    Tilg鎛gelige pakker
    bluez-alsa.i586 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-alsa.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-gnome.x86_64 1.8-16.fc11 fedora
    bluez-gnome-analyzer.x86_64 1.8-16.fc11 fedora
    bluez-gstreamer.i586 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-gstreamer.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-hcidump.x86_64 1.42-3.fc11 fedora
    bluez-libs.i586 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-libs-devel.i586 4.42-6.fc11 updates
    bluez-libs-devel.x86_64 4.42-6.fc11 updates

+ Reply to Thread