Program to generate SIGPIPE signal in FIFO - Unix

This is a discussion on Program to generate SIGPIPE signal in FIFO - Unix ; Hi, How to write a program in C that generates a SIGPIPE signal in FIFO. Can someone please provide the solution. David...

  1. Program to generate SIGPIPE signal in FIFO

    Hi,

    How to write a program in C that generates a SIGPIPE signal in FIFO.
    Can someone please provide the solution.

    David

  2. Re: Program to generate SIGPIPE signal in FIFO

    In article <1177522892.256319.295780@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.c om>,
    David wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How to write a program in C that generates a SIGPIPE signal in FIFO.
    > Can someone please provide the solution.

    If the reading process closes its end of the pipe, the writing process
    will get a SIGPIPE signal when it next tries to write to it.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA