excess allocation in heap segment of a process - Unix

This is a discussion on excess allocation in heap segment of a process - Unix ; Hi Everyone, We all know that when the stack segment overflows, we get a error saying stack overflow and the program terminates. A main() calling itself recursivley results in this, What happens when the heap segment overflows? when we keep ...

  1. excess allocation in heap segment of a process

    Hi Everyone,

    We all know that when the stack segment overflows, we get a error
    saying stack overflow and the program terminates. A main() calling
    itself recursivley results in this,

    What happens when the heap segment overflows? when we keep on
    allocating dynamic memory in a loop...

    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. Re: excess allocation in heap segment of a process

    sam_cit@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > We all know that when the stack segment overflows, we get a error
    > saying stack overflow and the program terminates. A main() calling
    > itself recursivley results in this,
    >
    > What happens when the heap segment overflows? when we keep on
    > allocating dynamic memory in a loop...

    We get an error message saying "Do your own homework" ?

+ Reply to Thread