small shell code example - Unix

This is a discussion on small shell code example - Unix ; Hello, I am looking for small shell program in UNIX (written in ansi C), that simulates the shell program. (if I do something like cat myprog.c | wc -l, it do the work). I need also small shell, with an ...

  1. small shell code example

    Hello,

    I am looking for small shell program in UNIX (written in ansi C),
    that simulates the shell program.
    (if I do something like cat myprog.c | wc -l, it do the work).

    I need also small shell, with an option to run command on background
    (so they are returned immediataly to prompt, and I can enter other commands
    while running the previous,
    i.e cat myfile.txt & (& sign is for background, without that sign, it's for
    foreground).

    Thanks

  2. Re: small shell code example

    In article ,
    "Mr. X." wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for small shell program in UNIX (written in ansi C),
    > that simulates the shell program.
    > (if I do something like cat myprog.c | wc -l, it do the work).
    >
    > I need also small shell, with an option to run command on background
    > (so they are returned immediataly to prompt, and I can enter other commands
    > while running the previous,
    > i.e cat myfile.txt & (& sign is for background, without that sign, it's for
    > foreground).
    >
    > Thanks

    Why? This sounds like homework.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: small shell code example

    > Why? This sounds like homework.
    Yes.
    You can send a link or not , as you wish.
    This is one of wonderfull things that newsgroup is for !

    Cheers ...

  4. Re: small shell code example

    On Apr 18, 11:40 am, "Mr. X."
    wrote:
    > > Why? This sounds like homework.

    > Yes.
    > You can send a link or not , as you wish.
    > This is one of wonderful things that newsgroup is for !
    >
    > Cheers ...

    Just go to Rent-A-Coder:

    http://www.rac.com

    and pay somebody to do your homework. You seem to be shameless enough.

    -RFH

  5. Re: small shell code example

    Like it or not.
    It's a known fact, that this kind of program, run on internet,
    and many good people will be glade to put it free with no fee or
    obligations,
    as I put many of my-codes.
    and there are special sites for that,
    just need to find it.