Is KQueue still broken on Darwin? - Unix

This is a discussion on Is KQueue still broken on Darwin? - Unix ; I have a program that gets in an uninterruptible wait for hours and days. I'm using sockets and kqueue. I have never had problems with sockets before, but kqueue used to crash the kernel. Does anyone know if kqueue still ...

  1. Is KQueue still broken on Darwin?

    I have a program that gets in an uninterruptible wait for
    hours and days. I'm using sockets and kqueue. I have never
    had problems with sockets before, but kqueue used to crash
    the kernel. Does anyone know if kqueue still borks the machine?

    kill -KILL doesn't work. of course, but a killall -KILL kills
    a related program to which it has a socket connection, but
    leaves the program as a zombie which launchd does not reap
    or restart.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    She broke your heart and inadvertently drove men to deviant lifestyles.

  2. Re: Is KQueue still broken on Darwin?

    SM Ryan writes:

    > I have a program that gets in an uninterruptible wait for
    > hours and days. I'm using sockets and kqueue. I have never
    > had problems with sockets before, but kqueue used to crash
    > the kernel. Does anyone know if kqueue still borks the machine?

    Never heard about it crashing the kernel before, but kqueue received a
    substantial overhaul in Tiger. Spotlight uses it to index updated files,
    Finder to update its display immediately, etc.

    sherm--