ftp question - Unix

This is a discussion on ftp question - Unix ; If 2 users try to upload the same file at the same time, what happens? I suppose a race condition develops, but are the servers smart enought to return an error to 1 or both users?...

  1. ftp question

    If 2 users try to upload the same file at the same time, what happens? I
    suppose a race condition develops, but are the servers smart enought to
    return an error to 1 or both users?

  2. Re: ftp question

    John Doe wrote:
    > If 2 users try to upload the same file at the same time, what happens? I
    > suppose a race condition develops, but are the servers smart enought to
    > return an error to 1 or both users?

    Try it an see !

    On a *i|ux box, it will probably be a race, on a windows box, one will
    loose. If you care, patch a server to do what you need or use http post
    and write code on the other end to do what you want.

+ Reply to Thread