Linux framebuffer drawing - Unix

This is a discussion on Linux framebuffer drawing - Unix ; Hi, I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it? Thanks. ...

  1. Linux framebuffer drawing

    Hi,
    I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
    can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
    without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
    Thanks.

    PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.

  2. Re: Linux framebuffer drawing

    On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:28:45 +1000) it happened Russell Shaw
    wrote in
    :

    >Hi,
    >I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
    >can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
    >without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
    >Thanks.
    >
    >PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.

    Why not look at the source of:
    http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tinyptc/

    Then you can copy it :-)

  3. Re: Linux framebuffer drawing

    Jan Panteltje wrote:
    > On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:28:45 +1000) it happened Russell Shaw
    > wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
    >> can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
    >> without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.

    > Why not look at the source of:
    > http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tinyptc/
    >
    > Then you can copy it :-)

    Hey thanks, that one looks useful