Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 - Unix

This is a discussion on Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 - Unix ; Hi, Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM ...

  1. Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

    Hi,

    Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor
    HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see
    the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as
    instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Don

  2. Re: Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

    Don wrote:
    > Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor
    > HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see
    > the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as
    > instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS.

    Perhaps try asking in some relevant SCO newsgroup(s).

    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...s=Group+lookup

    Last time I ran SCO was 1998-07-16 - that system was converted to
    Debian GNU/Linux at that time, ... haven't looked back.

+ Reply to Thread