Who ran the Finger Command on My Username - Unix

This is a discussion on Who ran the Finger Command on My Username - Unix ; Generally the finger command is run to give some info for a particular user. Is there a way to tell who ran the finger command against my username? Regards Anirudh Koul http://360.yahoo.com/anirudhkoul http://cs.dal.ca/~koul...

  1. Who ran the Finger Command on My Username

    Generally the finger command is run to give some info for a particular
    user. Is there a way to tell who ran the finger command against my
    username?

    Regards
    Anirudh Koul
    http://360.yahoo.com/anirudhkoul
    http://cs.dal.ca/~koul

  2. Re: Who ran the Finger Command on My Username

    "Anirudh Koul" writes:
    >Generally the finger command is run to give some info for a particular
    >user. Is there a way to tell who ran the finger command against my
    >username?

    Only if your fingerd supports such a thing, and even then, the best
    you'll get is an IP address, and potentially an identd response if the
    originator actually runs that protocol.

  3. Re: Who ran the Finger Command on My Username

    Anirudh Koul wrote:
    > Generally the finger command is run to give some info for a particular
    > user. Is there a way to tell who ran the finger command against my
    > username?

    RTFF (Read The Fine FAQs)
    STFW (Search The Fine Web)
    GIYF (Google Is Your Friend)