Choice - Unix

This is a discussion on Choice - Unix ; I don't know where to take a good also objective answer...so I ask it here... I use linux for years, big fun... I use it for office, multimedia, and some c++ small projects... office for economical studies multimedia like writing ...

  1. Choice

    I don't know where to take a good also objective answer...so I ask it
    here...
    I use linux for years, big fun...

    I use it for office, multimedia, and some c++ small projects...
    office for economical studies
    multimedia like writing dvd and playing xvids after having transcoded
    the dvds
    Games.Yes in Linux.

    BUT. I saw OpenSolaris. Can it do it? Better than linux in performance?
    I start to hate the performance of modern distros like, fedora
    or...mandriva...either they won't work or they work with all the -g in
    gcc and various misworks.Not to mention the libxxx problem....

    So.

    Solaris, is the good alternative?

  2. Re: Choice

    it may be works better than linux...