KVT-100 - Unix

This is a discussion on KVT-100 - Unix ; What is this? My company used to use this, before they downgraded eveyrthing to Windows. For example before when printing labels, accessing the stock databases, ordering supplies, and such I used a terminal PC running DOS or Unix using this ...

  1. KVT-100

    What is this? My company used to use this, before they downgraded
    eveyrthing to Windows. For example before when printing labels, accessing
    the stock databases, ordering supplies, and such I used a terminal PC
    running DOS or Unix using this port (KVT-100).

    Thanks,

    John

    "The president didn't go into Iraq because the polls told him it was
    popular. As a matter of fact, the polls said just the opposite. But
    leadership isn't about polls. It's about making decisions you think are
    right and then standing behind those decisions.
    That's why America is safer with George W. Bush as president" (Arnold
    Schwarzenegger, 2004).

    Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to
    them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

    Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: If anyone would come after me, he
    must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

  2. Re: KVT-100

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:52:25 +0000, Big Brother
    wrote:

    >What is this? My company used to use this, before they downgraded
    >eveyrthing to Windows. For example before when printing labels, accessing
    >the stock databases, ordering supplies, and such I used a terminal PC
    >running DOS or Unix using this port (KVT-100).

    Since VT-100 is/was a common dumb terminal type (a glass TTY), I
    assume that KVT-100 was a VT-100 terminal emulator.

    --
    T.E.D. (tdavis@gearbox.maem.umr.edu)

+ Reply to Thread