file permission - Unix

This is a discussion on file permission - Unix ; Hi there, How can I set a file permission like this: 5 users: user1, user2, user3, user4, user5 permission: user1 and user2 can read and write the file. user3 and user4 can only read the file. user5 and others can ...

  1. file permission

    Hi there,

    How can I set a file permission like this:

    5 users:
    user1, user2, user3, user4, user5

    permission:
    user1 and user2 can read and write the file.
    user3 and user4 can only read the file.
    user5 and others can not read or write the file.

    The file is not executable.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: file permission

    rbfish wrote:
    > How can I set a file permission like this:
    > permission:
    > user1 and user2 can read and write the file.
    > user3 and user4 can only read the file.
    > user5 and others can not read or write the file.

    A) use ACLs
    B) muck about with some interesting gyrations of using some shared
    groups and some read-only NFS mounts, and don't forget hard links

  3. Re: file permission

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread