solaris dtlogin banner - Unix

This is a discussion on solaris dtlogin banner - Unix ; Hello, Can someone tell me how to set a timeout on the dtlogin banner. I want the screen to blank after five minutes of no one logging in at the console. I am trying this on a solaris10 but any ...

  1. solaris dtlogin banner

    Hello,
    Can someone tell me how to set a timeout on the dtlogin banner. I want
    the screen to blank after five minutes of no one logging in at the
    console. I am trying this on a solaris10 but any SOlaris OS how to would
    help.
    It seems in Linux you can use the -s option in the Xservers file, but it
    doesn't work for solaris. Thanks for any help!

  2. Re: solaris dtlogin banner

  3. Re: solaris dtlogin banner

    Thanks! I installed the power management packages SUNWpmr and SUNWpmu.
    The monitor now sleeps after 10 minutes. I can't get it to sleep any
    sooner even though I set it to sleep after 2 minutes. I'll keep working
    on it.

    Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:

  4. Re: solaris dtlogin banner

    In comp.unix.solaris Mike wrote:
    > Thanks! I installed the power management packages SUNWpmr and SUNWpmu.
    > The monitor now sleeps after 10 minutes. I can't get it to sleep any
    > sooner even though I set it to sleep after 2 minutes. I'll keep working
    > on it.

    There's a long thread about some of this. The last 8 or 9 posts are the
    most relevant. I had some issues with 03/05 blanking. I don't know if
    anything about it has been changed in 01/06 (I'm not running that on any
    machines with heads at the moment).

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c85d75f3f8a8ec

    --
    Darren Dunham ddunham@taos.com