Unable to browse on solaris 10 - Unix

This is a discussion on Unable to browse on solaris 10 - Unix ; Hey guys, I am not able to browse websites or even ping them with full URL, but i can ping them with IP address. edited my resolv.conf domain localhost (even tried sever1 my system's name) search dns.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com nameserver 24.153.22.67 nameserver ...

  1. Unable to browse on solaris 10

    Hey guys,

    I am not able to browse websites or even ping them with full URL, but
    i can ping them with IP address.

    edited my resolv.conf

    domain localhost (even tried sever1 my system's name)
    search dns.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com
    nameserver 24.153.22.67
    nameserver 24.153.22.195

    as you can tell i am with rogers in toronto, if there is anyone else
    who uses rogers as ISP please provide me with steps.

    btw nslookup shows up with
    search dns.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com
    nameserver 24.153.22.67

    any help
    Thanks

  2. Re: Unable to browse on solaris 10

    Aasim Ajaz wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I am not able to browse websites or even ping them with full URL, but
    > i can ping them with IP address.
    >
    > edited my resolv.conf

    Taken a look at nsswitch.conf already?

    Martin

    --
    For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.

+ Reply to Thread