Alan Connor why do you hate the elect? - Unix

This is a discussion on Alan Connor why do you hate the elect? - Unix ; Its obvious that you have a deep hate for the elect. May I ask why? "Alan Connor" wrote in message news:slrndu2cbo.1g8.i3x9mdw@b29x3m.invalid... > On alt.religion.christianity, in > , "Pastor Dave" wrote: >> Path: >> newsspool1.news.pas.earthlink.net!stamper.news.pas .earthlink.net!elnk-nf2-pas!newsfeed.earthlink.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!news.g lorb.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!statler.nntpser ver.com!news-west.rr.com!news-wrt-01.rdc-kc.rr.com!news-feed-01.rdc-kc.rr.com!news.rr.com!cyclone2.kc.rr.com!news2.kc. rr.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!tornado.tampabay.rr.com.POSTE D!53ab2750!not-for-mail >> ...

  1. Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    Its obvious that you have a deep hate for the elect. May I ask why?

    "Alan Connor" wrote in message
    > On alt.religion.christianity, in
    > , "Pastor Dave" wrote:
    >> From: Pastor Dave <_-_Ananias917_-_@gmail.com>
    >> Newsgroups: alt.religion.christianity,alt.religion.christian,a lt.bible
    >> Subject: Re: Knowing The TRUTH
    >>
    >> <2qurt1lg34mr37ernf4q5qc42mmriel8b7@4ax.com>

    >> Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:52:59 GMT

    > You aren't a pastor, "Dave". You are just another fundamentalist,
    > psuedo-Christian* wackjob with a computer.
    >
    > * These sorts don't follow Jesus at all, but rather Paul and John
    > and the Old Testament.
    >
    > The fact that Jesus brought a _new_ Testament to replace the old
    > one just doesn't register in their tunnel-visioned minds.
    >
    > They are all creepy little men dominated by irrational fears
    > that want you to believe that you need them to interpret
    > Scripture.
    >
    > They want you to believe that they have some special ability
    > that you don't have.
    >
    > The fact that Jesus said "The Kingdom of Heaven/God is within
    > you" (meaning everyone) is something that they'd like you to
    > ignore.
    >
    > They don't want you looking within, they want you to be
    > dependent on them.
    >
    > Partly for political/economic power, and partly because their own
    > inner wisdom keeps telling them that they are way off the mark
    > and they need others to reinforce their twisted beliefs to make
    > them more real.
    >
    > Scratch the surface of one of these cretins and you will find
    > a miserable wretch trying to make himself and others believe
    > that he is happy because Jesus is allegedly taking care of him.
    >
    > But Jesus can't do anything of the sort. He can just show us the
    > way. We have free will, and with free will comes responsibility.
    >
    > Jesus is not some nursemaid in the sky, He is a messenger from
    > God.
    >
    > When He says that noone can get to God except through Him, He
    > obviously means through His _teachings_.
    >
    > Otherwise, "The Kingdom of Heaven/God is within you" makes
    > no sense at all. It would have to be seen as a complete
    > contradiction in Scripture, which these same psuedo-Christians
    > will tell you cannot possibly exist.
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > --
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~alanconnor/contact.html
    > see also: links.html and newsfilter.html
    > Other URLs of possible interest in my headers.

  2. Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    [All but comp.unix.* removed]
    On 2006-02-02, John the Baptist Jr. wrote:

    > Its obvious that you have a deep hate for the elect. May I ask why?

    He's a troll. And so are you for posting this thread, though you're at
    least [apparently] a first-time offender.

    He makes some good points, though. And where the heck does the bible
    mention an "elect", anyway? You a calvinist or something?

  3. Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    Jordan Abel writes:

    >> Its obvious that you have a deep hate for the elect. May I ask why?

    > He's a troll. And so are you for posting this thread, though you're at
    > least [apparently] a first-time offender.
    >
    > He makes some good points, though. And where the heck does the bible
    > mention an "elect", anyway? You a calvinist or something?

    Connor is ignorant - he pontificates on the Bible with no knowledge of
    its content. So, it appears, do you. See below.

    Sorry - not meaning to be snotty, or indeed to defend the trolling - but
    if we are to play at theologians lets do it on the basis of knowledge!
    The alternative is as bad as my pretending to know anything much about
    Unix.

    (The real question is about what elect _means_ :-)

    atb

    Glyn

    8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

    # Isaiah 42:1
    Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth;
    I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the
    Gentiles.

    # Isaiah 45:4
    For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called
    thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

    # Isaiah 65:9
    And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor
    of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall
    dwell there.

    # Isaiah 65:22
    They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and
    another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and
    mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

    # Matthew 24:22
    And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be
    saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

    # Matthew 24:24
    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew
    great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall
    deceive the very elect.

    # Matthew 24:31
    And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they
    shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of
    heaven to the other.

    # Mark 13:20
    And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

    # Mark 13:22
    For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and
    wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

    # Mark 13:27
    And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect
    from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost
    part of heaven.

    # Luke 18:7
    And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him,
    though he bear long with them?

    # Romans 8:33
    Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

    # Romans 9:11
    (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or
    evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
    works, but of him that calleth

    # Romans 11:5
    Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

    # Romans 11:7
    What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the
    election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. Romans 11:6-8 (in
    Context) Romans 11 (Whole Chapter)

    # Romans 11:28
    As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as
    touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

    # Colossians 3:12
    Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of
    mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

    # 1 Thessalonians 1:4
    Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

    # 1 Timothy 5:21
    I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect
    angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before
    another, doing nothing by partiality.

    # 2 Timothy 2:10
    Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also
    obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

    # Titus 1:1
    Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the
    faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after
    godliness;

    # 1 Peter 1:2
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through
    sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood
    of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

    # 1 Peter 2:6
    Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a
    chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall
    not be confounded.

    # 1 Peter 5:13
    The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you;
    and so doth Marcus my son.

    # 2 Peter 1:10
    Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and
    election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

    # 2 John 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love
    # in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the
    # truth;

    # 2 John 1:13
    The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

  4. Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    On comp.unix.questions, in , "Jordan Abel" wrote:
    > From: Jordan Abel
    > Newsgroups: comp.unix.misc,comp.unix.questions
    > Subject: Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?
    > Date: 2 Feb 2006 03:35:02 GMT

    > Subject: Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    Just who is it that calls you "The Elect" besides yourselves?

    No one.

    You aren't "The Elect", you are just fearmongering welfare-trash
    spinning feeble illusions on the Usenet.

    Would-be con artists.

    Go away. And take that creepy false god you worship with you
    before I kick his fat butt for him.

    Alan

    --
    http://home.earthlink.net/~alanconnor/contact.html
    see also: links.html and newsfilter.html
    Other URLs of possible interest in my headers.

  5. RTFMessage - I never called anyone [least of all myself] "The Elect"

    On 2006-02-02, Alan Connor wrote:

    >> Subject: Re: Alan Connor why do you hate the elect?

    > Just who is it that calls you "The Elect" besides yourselves?

    Had you downloaded the body, you would know that I did not call anyone,
    least of all myself, "The Elect". Don't rely on the subject header to
    tell you what someone's views are, especially not in a reply. As much as
    I dislike you, I posted in this instance to agree with you. Ungrateful
    sonofabitch, aren't you?

  6. Re: RTFMessage - I never called anyone [least of all myself] "The Elect"

    On comp.unix.questions, in , "Jordan Abel" wrote:
    > From: Jordan Abel
    > Newsgroups: comp.unix.misc,comp.unix.questions
    > Subject: RTFMessage - I never called anyone [least of all myself] "The Elect"
    > Date: 2 Feb 2006 22:07:08 GMT

    > Subject: Re: RTFMessage - I never called anyone [least of all myself] "The Elect"

    So. I killscored you because you post through individual.net, and
    use a throw-away, untracable, gmail address.

    That spells "troll".

    And now you are simply proving that I am right by evading my
    killfile by posting messages on the subject line, which is
    something that only trolls do.

    Trolls are the stalkers of the Usenet: They have no respect
    for anyone else's rights.

    Anyway. You are now on my post-download filter list and your
    subjects will henceforth appear as "XXXXX". As will any replies
    to them unto the end of a thread.

    And I'm putting these groups on trollwatch: New aliases will
    have their subject lines modified as above until they are proven
    not to be trolls by checking their headers and posting histories.

    Phukk off.

    Done.

    Alan

    --
    http://home.earthlink.net/~alanconnor/contact.html
    see also: links.html and newsfilter.html
    Other URLs of possible interest in my headers.

  7. Re: RTFMessage - I never called anyone [least of all myself] "The Elect"

    On 2006-02-02, Alan Connor wrote:

    I know you're not going to read this [though others have claimed that
    you are full of hot air and don't really "killscore" the people you
    claim to, i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt], but assuming you
    have told the truth, you never read a single message by me. The
    gmail.com address is my email address [and i have no intention of
    throwing it away], and my ISP does not (as far as I can tell) provide
    usenet service. I didn't pay good money for individual.net's service
    just to be called a troll for it. Reported to abuse@earthlink.net for
    your own use of an invalid email address, and your repeated unprovoked
    harassment [including libel]

  8. XXXXX

    On comp.unix.questions, in , "Jordan Abel" wrote:

    You really are acting like a troll.

    If you weren't a troll, you'd just killfile me.

    A lot of people have, and I respect their right to do so.

    But troll's don't. They think that everyone has to read
    whatever they post and has to care what they think.

    If they had the balls, they'd be stalkers in the real world.

    But they are just dickless, motor-mouthed, fat-assed losers that
    hide behind the Internet and throw **** like monkeys in a cage.

    Well guess what? I'll never read another word you post,
    and there isn't anything you can do about it.

    Except eat schitt.

    See this? It's from my headers:

    A troll put up that webpage. I've never read it. Trolls have zero
    credibility with anyone but other trolls, although they never
    seem to comprehend this fact.

    I just check to see if it is there, now and then, with:

    $ wget -U MSIE --spider http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/alanconnor.shtml --22:35:16-- http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/alanconnor.shtml
    => `alanconnor.shtml'
    Resolving www.pearlgates.net... done.
    Connecting to www.pearlgates.net[82.92.180.13]:80... connected.
    Length: unspecified [text/html]
    200 OK

    Yep. Still there.

    Another thing about trolls: They'll read any abuse I post to
    them, and I never read a word they post.

    It's like being in a fistfight where your opponent just stands
    there while you punch him over and over again in the head, and
    then turns around and tries to hit someone else in response.

    You really can't lose against someone that stupid, can you?

    :-)

    Alan

    --
    http://home.earthlink.net/~alanconnor/contact.html
    see also: links.html and newsfilter.html
    Other URLs of possible interest in my headers.

+ Reply to Thread