I recently moved and seem to only have acces to the Internet via a
PC. Yes I could install a wifi router or I could install a FTP client,
but
I think it would be good for me to learn Unix beter so I downloaded Putty
and do not plan to use a client. But I could use the dos ftp client, but
will my shell work just as well?

On my shell I accessed my directory but cant seem to delete files
like rm "Picture 1.png" and other files with spaces. How can I? Also how
can I upload and download files using Putty to my desktop?

On my Mac I was so used to Fetch and Transmit and on my PC notebook I got
so used to Absolute FTP that I became very ignorant of Unix commandline.
But I figure that my ssh access will be just as good.

Thanks,

John

"The president didn't go into Iraq because the polls told him it was
popular. As a matter of fact, the polls said just the opposite. But
leadership isn't about polls. It's about making decisions you think are
right and then standing behind those decisions.
That's why America is safer with George W. Bush as president" (Arnold
Schwarzenegger, 2004).

Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to
them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: If anyone would come after me, he
must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.