cygwin --- accessing windows folders - Unix

This is a discussion on cygwin --- accessing windows folders - Unix ; My apologies if this is off-topic. I have installed cygwin on my Windows 2000 System. I was having trouble navigating to my windows folders till one of my colleagues suggested the following: cd /cygdrive/ Now that worked like a charm, ...

  1. cygwin --- accessing windows folders

    My apologies if this is off-topic.

    I have installed cygwin on my Windows 2000 System. I was having
    trouble navigating to my windows folders till one of my colleagues
    suggested the following:
    cd /cygdrive/

    Now that worked like a charm, but I want to know why I cannot see
    cygdrive as a subdirectory under /, no matter what I do (ls, ls -a
    etc.)

    Thanks,
    Song

  2. Re: cygwin --- accessing windows folders

    usenet@sta.samsung.com wrote:
    > My apologies if this is off-topic.
    >
    > I have installed cygwin on my Windows 2000 System. I was having
    > trouble navigating to my windows folders till one of my colleagues
    > suggested the following:
    > cd /cygdrive/

    Basically you can do it also this (windoze-like) way:

    % cd c:

    > Now that worked like a charm, but I want to know why I cannot see
    > cygdrive as a subdirectory under /, no matter what I do (ls, ls -a
    > etc.)

    Cannot confirm this, /cygdrive is still there, with corresponding
    mount points: c, d etc.
    PM

+ Reply to Thread