beginner , displaying date in format mm/dd/yyy ? - Unix

This is a discussion on beginner , displaying date in format mm/dd/yyy ? - Unix ; I am a beginner to Unix is there a way to display date in format mm/dd/yyy ? Thank you in advance !...

  1. beginner , displaying date in format mm/dd/yyy ?

    I am a beginner to Unix is there a way to display date in format
    mm/dd/yyy ?

    Thank you in advance !

  2. Re: beginner , displaying date in format mm/dd/yyy ?

    Matt wrote:
    > I am a beginner to Unix is there a way to display date in format
    > mm/dd/yyy ?

    if you mean mm/dd/yy : date +%D
    if mm/dd/yyyy : date +%m/%d/%Y

    --
    reply to usenet only

  3. Re: beginner , displaying date in format mm/dd/yyy ?

    Matt wrote:
    > I am a beginner to Unix is there a way to display date in format
    > mm/dd/yyy ?

    Your question was already answered in comp.unix.questions. Please
    don't multi-post. Your newsreader should allow you to post the same
    article to more than one group at once, which is the right thing to do
    if you want to ask the same question in multiple places.

    --
    Oh to have a lodge in some vast wilderness. Where rumors of oppression
    and deceit, of unsuccessful and successful wars may never reach me

+ Reply to Thread