Newbie unix question - Unix

This is a discussion on Newbie unix question - Unix ; I have a newbie question. What command I use to see if there are any extra spaces with in the line by using grep? I assumed I would look for all line that didn't have a 0-9 a-z A-Z? Is ...

  1. Newbie unix question

    I have a newbie question. What command I use to see if there are any
    extra spaces with in the line by using grep? I assumed I would look
    for all line that didn't have a 0-9 a-z A-Z? Is this how I would do
    that and how would the command read? Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Newbie unix question

    In article <1129573096.308097.43570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>,
    WebGod@aol.com wrote:

    > I have a newbie question. What command I use to see if there are any
    > extra spaces with in the line by using grep? I assumed I would look
    > for all line that didn't have a 0-9 a-z A-Z? Is this how I would do
    > that and how would the command read? Thanks for your help.

    I just answered this in comp.unix.admin. If you really *must* ask a
    question in multiple groups, cross-post properly. Post one message with
    all the groups in the Newsgroups: line.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: Newbie unix question

    On 2005-10-17, WebGod@aol.com wrote:
    > I have a newbie question. What command I use to see if there are any
    > extra spaces with in the line by using grep? I assumed I would look
    > for all line that didn't have a 0-9 a-z A-Z? Is this how I would do
    > that and how would the command read? Thanks for your help.

    Please don't multi-post. You question has been answered in another
    group.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson
    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2005, Apress

+ Reply to Thread