Hi!

I've got a print server attached to a linux box located in another
building than the linux box itself. The printers there are not switched
on all the time. So, when someone wants to print on one of these
printers, the syslog is flooded with entries like "xxx: lost
connection" with no delay.

Now I'd like to either limit these messages to, lets say 10 per printer
port, or insert some delay for those messages to appear only in 5
minute intervals. Or, if that's the only way, to suppress these
messages at all?

The print system is a BSD-style LPD. Is there a solution without
changing to another print system?