How to boot from a backup disk on Linux - Unix

This is a discussion on How to boot from a backup disk on Linux - Unix ; Hi, I have created a system disk mirroring with dd command on Linux for backup purpose. Anyone knows how to boot from this backup disk? Thanks, Jingchen...

  1. How to boot from a backup disk on Linux

    Hi,

    I have created a system disk mirroring with dd command on Linux for
    backup purpose. Anyone knows how to boot from this backup disk?

    Thanks,
    Jingchen

  2. Re: How to boot from a backup disk on Linux

    On 9 Oct 2005 20:30:17 -0700, jingchenzhou@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created a system disk mirroring with dd command on Linux for
    > backup purpose. Anyone knows how to boot from this backup disk?

    net etiquette/Newsgroup tip:

    Multi-posting is considered antisocial on Usenet.

    If you want to send the same message to more than one newsgroup, CROSSPOST!
    And if you crosspost, provide a Followup newsgroup.

    Some will argue that you not even crosspost because of the amount/type
    of newsgroups that we have today.

    As an example to post to "comp.os.linux.security", and
    "alt.security", use the following Newsgroups line:
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security,alt.security

    See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

    See answer given in the other group you posted to.

+ Reply to Thread