mkisofs -- holw to include the folder in the pathspec - Unix

This is a discussion on mkisofs -- holw to include the folder in the pathspec - Unix ; I want to create an iso image of a folder using mkisofs.exe which is a command line tools from cdrtools compiled on my XP. E.G. d:\fool\fileA d:\fool\FileB mkisofs -o xx.iso -J -L -R d:\foo The resultant iso contains all content ...

  1. mkisofs -- holw to include the folder in the pathspec

    I want to create an iso image of a folder using mkisofs.exe
    which is a command line tools from cdrtools compiled on my XP.

    E.G.
    d:\fool\fileA
    d:\fool\FileB

    mkisofs -o xx.iso -J -L -R d:\foo

    The resultant iso contains all content under d:\foo\*.

    But I want the iso to contain the folder name "foo".

    Instead of
    --
    fileA
    fileB

    How can I do that?

    TIA

  2. Re: mkisofs -- holw to include the folder in the pathspec

    On 2004-07-17, Harry wrote:

    > I want to create an iso image of a folder using mkisofs.exe
    > which is a command line tools from cdrtools compiled on my XP.
    >
    > E.G.
    > d:\fool\fileA
    > d:\fool\FileB
    >
    > mkisofs -o xx.iso -J -L -R d:\foo
    >
    > The resultant iso contains all content under d:\foo\*.
    >
    > But I want the iso to contain the folder name "foo".
    >
    > Instead of
    > --
    > fileA
    > fileB
    > --
    > , I want
    > --
    > fool\fileA
    > fool\fileB
    > --
    > in the iso image.
    >
    > How can I do that?

    Added the --graft-points option and replace "d:\foo" by
    "foo=d:\foo".

    You might have to escape or quote the backslashes in the
    argument(s) as they have a special meaning when --graft-points
    is on.

    --
    André Majorel
    Respect for government [...] and its symbols is fundamentally fascist.

  3. Re: mkisofs -- holw to include the folder in the pathspec

    Andre Majorel wrote...

    >Added the --graft-points option and replace "d:\foo" by
    >"foo=d:\foo".
    >
    >You might have to escape or quote the backslashes in the
    >argument(s) as they have a special meaning when --graft-points
    >is on.

    That works. This allow me to add more than one folders without
    mixing their contents in the iso.

    -- runme.cmd --
    set eq==
    set parent=c:\

    set folder1=foo
    set graft_pt1=%folder1%%eq%%parent%%folder1%

    set folder2=bar
    set graft_pt2=%folder2%%eq%%parent%%folder2%

    mkisofs -o xx.iso -J -L -R -graft-points %graft_pt1% %graft_pt2%
    --

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread