SCO Expired - Unix

This is a discussion on SCO Expired - Unix ; Hi all, I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence ...

  1. SCO Expired

    Hi all,

    I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the
    BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I
    encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager. Even I
    have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    additional users.

    Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install SCO
    again?

    Thks & Regards,

    Man

  2. Re: SCO Expired

    in comp.unix.misc i read:

    >I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the
    >BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I
    >encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager. Even I
    >have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    >show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    >additional users.
    >
    >Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install SCO
    >again?

    call sco.

    --
    a signature

  3. Re: SCO Expired

    In article <40bd151a$1_2@rain.i-cable.com>, TMAN wrote:
    >Hi all,

    >I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005
    >(since the BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS
    >date to current date, I encounter that SCO status is showed as
    >"Expired" in licence manager. Even I have removed it and then
    >entered the licence information again. It still show "Expired".
    >Now the system can still runing but I can't licence additional
    >users.

    >Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of
    >re-install SCO again?

    AFAIK it's not fixable without a reinstall. Staring on January 1
    2005 your computer will start working again :-)

    I had an SCO customer where we installed a new version right
    after 2000, because they waited too long to fix Y2K problems.

    Then I got a call along the lines of "We set the date back so we
    could work on some old files and now we are told the licenses has
    expired".

    This is the way it has been operating since at least SCO 5.0.4

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

+ Reply to Thread