Dear Experts,

We have the Oracle Database running on DG/UX Server.

Now while working, I have given the command to (tar) /etc/passwd to Digital
Audio Tape --- but it has some hardware problem and the console got hanged.

Later after many Control-C, I could get (#) prompt.

At that # prompt I gave (exit), which took me to Console Login.

Now it is not allowing me to login by root or sys or by any other login. I
believe the /etc/passwd file is corrupted.

Please help me to get the (#) prompt, because I have the copy of /etc/passwd
in some other directory. I am also unable to login from remote terminal by
TELNET or FTP. The System is ON and ORACLE is UP

UREGENT PLEASE HELP

Thanks in advance

-Tanveer