Decru Encryption Appliance - Unix

This is a discussion on Decru Encryption Appliance - Unix ; Has anyone out there implemented a Decru appliance?...

  1. Decru Encryption Appliance

    Has anyone out there implemented a Decru appliance?

  2. Re: Decru Encryption Appliance

    On 7 Mar 2007 18:33:27 -0800, tmcd wrote:
    > Has anyone out there implemented a Decru appliance?

    I evaluated them, and ended up implementing Ingrian instead. I've also
    worked with Thales, which, depending on your needs, is worth
    considering.

  3. Re: Decru Encryption Appliance

    On Mar 7, 9:34 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
    > On 7 Mar 2007 18:33:27 -0800, tmcd wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone out there implemented aDecruappliance?

    > I evaluated them, and ended up implementing Ingrian instead. I've also
    > worked with Thales, which, depending on your needs, is worth
    > considering.

    Thanks Dave,
    Are you using Ingrian for Disk or Tape encryption?
    Tom

  4. Re: Decru Encryption Appliance

    On 8 Mar 2007 04:44:06 -0800, tmcd wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 9:34 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
    >> On 7 Mar 2007 18:33:27 -0800, tmcd wrote:
    >>
    >> > Has anyone out there implemented aDecruappliance?

    >> I evaluated them, and ended up implementing Ingrian instead. I've also
    >> worked with Thales, which, depending on your needs, is worth
    >> considering.

    > Are you using Ingrian for Disk or Tape encryption?

    I'm no longer working at that company so I don't know what it's morphed
    into, but I initially set it up as a "hand it a file, get it back
    encrypted" for disk encryption.

    Do also look at key control and how it's managed for you. Who can use
    which key and when, and who _has_ used which key and when and for what.
    At least as useful as proper encryption, is control of those with access
    to the keys.

    Dave Hinz

+ Reply to Thread