Login attempts trouble - Unix

This is a discussion on Login attempts trouble - Unix ; Hi there. The problem is I can log into system just once from each tty, I mean, if after incorrect login I try to login again tty hangs after I enter password. Any ideas how to fix it?...

  1. Login attempts trouble

    Hi there. The problem is I can log into system just once from each
    tty, I mean, if after incorrect login I try to login again tty hangs
    after I enter password. Any ideas how to fix it?

  2. Re: Login attempts trouble

    On Feb 21, 8:49 am, "redbyte.l...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi there. The problem is I can log into system just once from each
    > tty, I mean, if after incorrect login I try to login again tty hangs
    > after I enter password. Any ideas how to fix it?

    If it works consistently after every successful login, but locks after
    a failed login, I would think something is mis configured in your PAM
    configuration.

    If anytime you login, and the next login causes a lock, I would think
    you are not running agetty or whatever getty program you are running
    on your terminal correctly in your /etc/iniittab.

    Haz

+ Reply to Thread