Max lenght of UNIX NIS group - Unix

This is a discussion on Max lenght of UNIX NIS group - Unix ; Can anyone tell me the max length of a UNIX NS group. I believe the max size of a group is 1024 bytes. However, I need to know the max length of a group name. I think it is 16 ...

  1. Max lenght of UNIX NIS group

    Can anyone tell me the max length of a UNIX NS group. I believe the
    max size of a group is 1024 bytes. However, I need to know the max
    length of a group name. I think it is 16 but not sure. Also, does
    anyone have a script/mechanism to check if your group is over the 1024
    limitation?

  2. Re: Max lenght of UNIX NIS group

    In article <1171469076.465885.14550@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.c om>,
    jdoe987@gmail.com wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me the max length of a UNIX NIS group. I believe the
    > max size of a group is 1024 bytes. However, I need to know the max
    > length of a group name. I think it is 16 but not sure. Also, does
    > anyone have a script/mechanism to check if your group is over the 1024
    > limitation?

    I think this is a vendor-specific implementation. Which vendor and
    version?

    [any please learn to cross-post rather than multipost if you want to
    play nicely in the UNIX news groups]