Hi,

I've been running jumpstart installation for several Sunfire V210 and
V280Rs. I did use the following sysidcfg file but it's complaining
regarding NOT finding Jumpstart Directory and subsequently fails to
comply with rules file. Though the ./check verification did gave me a
okay signal but the [I guess] ip addressing/subnet mask scheme is
causing trouble. I'm in the same subnet. I happened to google a lot on
this, almost everyone had problem with ip addresssing and subnet mask.
With this current sysidcfg, the system prompted for default route, for
once!

Can someone please share a working sysidcfg file for an unattended
installation?

# my current sysidcfg file

system_locale=en_US
timezone=US/Central
terminal=sun-cmd
timeserver=localhost
root_password=test
network_interface=bge0 {netmask=255.255.0.0
protocol_ipv6=no}
security_policy=none
name_service=none

Initially I was using following directive; it couldn't find the
jumpstart directory. I even tried removing "default_route", didn't help
much.

network_interface=bge0 {hostname=test1
default_route=10.1.1.253
ip_address=10.1.1.1
netmask=255.255.0.0
protocol_ipv6=no}

Here is my log ...

Starting Solaris installation program...
Searching for JumpStart directory...
Using rules.ok from blade150:/opt/jumpstart.
Checking rules.ok file...
Using profile: profile
Executing JumpStart preinstall phase...
Searching for SolStart directory...
Checking rules.ok file...
Using begin script: install_begin
Using finish script: patch_finish
Executing SolStart preinstall phase...
Executing begin script "install_begin"... <--- Somewhere here it
prompted for default route.
Begin script install_begin execution completed.

Processing default locales
- Specifying default locale (en_US.ISO8859-1)

Processing profile
- Selecting cluster (SUNWCXall)

Installing 64-bit Solaris packages
- Selecting locale (en_US.ISO8859-1)
- Selecting all disks
- Configuring boot device
- Configuring / (c0t0d0s0)
- Configuring swap (c0t0d0s1)
- Configuring /mirror (c0t0d0s3)
- Configuring /usr (c0t0d0s4)
- Configuring /var (c0t0d0s5)
- Configuring /opt (c0t0d0s6)
- Configuring /export/home (c0t0d0s7)
- Deselecting unmodified disk (c0t1d0)

Verifying disk configuration

Verifying space allocation
- Total software size: 1363.53 Mbytes

Preparing system for Solaris install

Configuring disk (c0t0d0)
- Creating Solaris disk label (VTOC)

After that all worked fine.

In case should you need to see my /etc/bootparam file, here it is ..

# /etc/bootparam

test.testserv.org root=blade150:/opt/jumpstart/Solaris_9/Tools/Boot
install=blade150:/opt/jumpstart boottype=:in
sysid_config=blade150:/opt/jumpstart
install_config=blade150:/opt/jumpstart rootopts=:rsize=32768

Can you please highlight what went wrong?

TIA

--
Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh