We have two production Sun servers, one is running Solaris 10 (03/05)
release and another Solaris 10 (01/06) release. We also run Veritas
Volume Manger/File System 4.1 and root disk is encapsulated and
mirrored. Both servers are running the latest kernel patch -
118833-22.

How and where can we find out what O.S. stuffs are in 01/06 release and
not in 03/05 release ? How does one do upgrade from 03/05 release to
01/06 release ? Is it worth doing the release upgrade ? Our goal is to
minimize the impact and server downtime.

You advice is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

# cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

# cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 1/06 s10s_u1wos_19a SPARC
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.