mpathd and snoop - Unix

This is a discussion on mpathd and snoop - Unix ; Hi I need to be able to see when a TCP message has been sent from my machine. I have two NICs in this machine running mpathd so that when one NIC fails, I can fail over to the second ...

  1. mpathd and snoop

    Hi

    I need to be able to see when a TCP message has been sent from my
    machine.

    I have two NICs in this machine running mpathd so that when one NIC
    fails, I can fail over to the second NIC. These are set up correctly
    and mpathd works as expected. I have a virtual IP address setup on the
    first NIC which switches over to the second NIC when the first fails.
    All IP addresses are pingable.
    My software uses the virtual IP address.

    When I snoop the NIC, I only see the TCP Acks being received from the
    destination IP address not the data being sent from the virtual IP
    address.
    When mpathd is disabled, snoop works as expected.

    I am using the following switches with snoop:
    snoop -d bcme0 -x 54 port 2340 not multicast not broadcast

    Thanks,
    Mike.

  2. Re: mpathd and snoop

    What you describe sounds normal. If you want to snoop the data then
    sniff the other NIC.

+ Reply to Thread