Periodic slowdown of machine with DRQ errors - Unix

This is a discussion on Periodic slowdown of machine with DRQ errors - Unix ; I am running a Fedora Core 1 machine with Kernel version 2.4.18-3dev and I get the following errors sometimes which slow down my machine many fold. ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted hdc: ATAPI reset complete hdc: ...

  1. Periodic slowdown of machine with DRQ errors

    I am running a Fedora Core 1 machine with Kernel version 2.4.18-3dev
    and I get the following errors sometimes which slow down my machine
    many fold.

    ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted
    hdc: ATAPI reset complete
    hdc: status error: status=0x00 { }

    Anyone ever seen this before that would know how to fix it other than
    shutdown -r now? If you need any information about it, let me know, or
    if it should be on another forum let me know as well.

  2. Re: Periodic slowdown of machine with DRQ errors

    On 21 Sep 2006 13:49:41 -0700
    "Chris" wrote:

    > I am running a Fedora Core 1 machine with Kernel version 2.4.18-3dev
    > and I get the following errors sometimes which slow down my machine
    > many fold.
    >
    > ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted
    > hdc: ATAPI reset complete
    > hdc: status error: status=0x00 { }
    >
    > Anyone ever seen this before that would know how to fix it other than
    > shutdown -r now? If you need any information about it, let me know,
    > or if it should be on another forum let me know as well.

    I've never seen that, but getting a new version of the kernel is
    something I'd try. The newest 2.4 kernel is 2.4.33. The kernel 2.4.18 is
    really old, that could be a fixed bug.

+ Reply to Thread